Van Gogh is the finest painter of them all. Certainly the most popular, great painter of all time. The most beloved, his command of colour most magnificent. He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty. Pain is easy to portray, but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world, no one had ever done it before. Perhaps no one ever will again. To my mind, that strange, wild man who roamed the fields of Provence was not only the world's greatest artist, but also one of the greatest men who ever lived.
if i ever misgender you or use slang (bro, man, gurl, dude) that makes you feel even slightly uncomfortable please tell me because your gender identity and comfort is more important than any word i may use to refer to you
no words to even describe how much I prefer cold weather over hot weather
Turns out Greece has record stores
(this is Honeymoon in Red by Lydia Lunch etc and from what I can tell it’s an original from 1987 also I got Mudhoney’s debut album but that’s a remastered version - also records in Greece are stupidly expensive (30€ for a second-hand record I mean) so I only got those but there were records by the wipers and the birthday party etc too but yeah discogs is a bit cheaper but Mudhoney was only 12€ and I couldn’t just let Honeymoon in Red lie there so yeahh)
Sherlock study, drawn in PS.
a few quick reminders:
- that thing you did that was kind of embarrassing and weird, everyone else forgot about that already
- you look fine today, if you can’t notice something on your face standing 6 feet from a mirror then nobody else will either
- if something is out of your control, do not let yourself or anyone else expect you to deal with it alone
- social lives can go through cycles sometimes, if you feel like your friends are all ignoring you for no reason they’re probably just busy with other things
- if you can’t stop thinking about someone or something, find something mentally occupying to do like reading a book or watching a movie. it won’t solve any serious problems but you will feel better
- nothing will always be easy, if you’re trying then that should be good enough for anyone. if it’s not then you’re talking with the wrong people
- never underestimate the importance of going to bed, if it’s dark outside and you feel bad just go to bed and deal with your problems the next day